The Avalanches Competition – T&C’s
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
2020 SECRET SOUNDS ‘THE AVALANCHES MERCH PACK’ COMPETITION
METHOD OF ENTRY
- Information on how to enter this competition and the Prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is Secret Sounds Pty Ltd. Employees of this organisation and its related entities and their immediate families are ineligible to enter the competition.
- Entry is open to all permanent residents of Australia.
- The competition commences on Thursday, 17th September 2020 at 9:00am AESTand ends on Friday, 25th September 2020 at 5.00pm AEST (the “Promotion Period”). Any entry submitted outside the Promotion Period will be deemed invalid and will not be eligible for the Prize.
- To enter the competition and be eligible for the Prize, entrants must complete a form via the website www.com and answer the following question in 25 words or less: “Which Is Your Favourite Avalanches Song & Why?” This question appears at the beginning of the personal detail form.
- Entrants must include their full name, email address, postcode and year of birthday in order to enter the competition.
- Only one entry per email address may be submitted. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter.
- This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be judged based upon creative merit. All entries must be the original independent creation of the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third-party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
- The prize consists of the following (the “Prize”): One (1) entrant will win one (1) merch pack including one (1) vinyl, one (1) The Avalanches T-shirt, One (1) The Avalanches limited edition poster and one (1) The Avalanches clothing patch.
- The estimated total Prize value is AUD$200 (GST included).
- The one (1) Prize winner will be selected by a panel of judges at the offices of the Promoter.
- The Promoter will not be responsible or liable for any loss (including, for the avoidance of doubt, any consequential loss), damages, or injury incurred by any of the winners or their associates in connection with taking up the Prize. The winners of the Prize are fully responsible for arranging fulfilment of the Prize at their own cost (including without limitation, transfers, flights, accommodation, meals, expenses, etc.).
- The Prize, or any unused portion of the Prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. If a Prize winner fails to claim, or is unable to take up or use, their Prize for any reason whatsoever (including, but not limited to, sickness or travel complications), or if the Prize is unavailable for any reason whatsoever (including, but not limited to, show cancellation) the Promoter will not be obliged to compensate the Prize winner and the Promoter will be entitled to, in its sole discretion, award the Prize to another entrant or substitute the Prize with a gift to the equal value and/or specification.
- The Prize winner will be notified by email by 5:00pm AEST on Monday, 28th September 2020. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner.
- The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter will not be responsible or liable for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, unauthorised access to or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the rights in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to State laws and regulations.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity and age) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Entries will be deemed invalid if they are considered to be (at the Promoter’s discretion): Derogatory, disrespectful, abusive, sexist, racist, offensive, incomplete or indecipherable.
- All details of the entrants will be used and preserved in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the office of the Promoter. Unless otherwise notified, the Promoter may use the entries and details of entrants for promotional and publicity purposes. Entrants consent to their full names and/or their entries being used in all media by the Promoter.
- The Promoter and its associated companies will not be held liable for any loss (including, for the avoidance of doubt, any consequential loss), damage, cost, expense or injury directly or indirectly incurred or sustained by any of the Prize winners or their associates as a result of the Prize winners accepting or taking part in any aspect of the Prize.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Victoria and the Promoter and entrants agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Victoria.
- Secret Sounds Pty Ltd is a registered company with at offices at Suite 2, Level 4, 2-12 Foveaux Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010 (A.B.N. 20 100 332 465).