Cameron Avery shared with us the songs that formed his new record.
It must be a busy time for Cameron Avery. Not only has he kicked off an overseas tour across the USA and Europe but this also marks the release of Avery’s debut solo album, Ripe Dreams, Pipe Dreams which is out now. We were able to catch up with Cameron Avery as he shared with us the songs that formed his new record.
Whether he is on the road touring with a little local Perth band you may know as Tame Impala (slapping the bass) or it’s in the studio recording the latest release with POND, but the millionaire dollar question has to be; does Cameron Avery ever have time to rest?
Ripe Dreams, Pipe Dreams had become a two-year process with Avery being the backbone behind the writing, producing and mixing of this 10 track LP. Having set up shop in LA for the past couple of years it has taken Avery back to the music he listened to growing up, which you could say is the opposite of the usually psychedelic and garage rock but they do say change is as good as a holiday.
Check out the below playlist on some songs that inspired his new album:
- Lee Hazelwood – My Autumn’s Done Come
- Bill Withers – Grandma’s Hands
- Billie Holiday – Strange Fruit
- Broadcast – Tears in the Typing Pool
- Buena Vista Social Club – Chan Chan
- Cat Stevens – Wild World
- Crowded House – Don’t Dream It’s Over
- Daft Punk ft. Julian Casablancas – Instant Crush
- Donnie And Joe Emerson – Baby
- Elvis Presley – You’re the Boss
- Father John Misty – Holy Shit
- Frank Ocean – Seigfried
- Jai Paul – Jasmine
- John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman – Lush Life
- Kendrick Lamar – Institutionalized
- Leon Bridges – River
- Rihanna – Higher
- Rodrigo Amarante – I’m Ready
- Serge Gainsbourg – Valse de Melody
- Tom Waits – Kiss Me
- Timber Timbre – Hot Dreams