Secret Sounds offers a unique and sociable working environment. Our peeps are rich in experience, culturally and musically savvy – if you don’t relate to our industry, you’ll have a hard time resonating with our business and connecting with our team.
Our offices are open and easygoing, full of like-minded workmates, and our jobs offer competitive pay, flexible working and essential workplace tools like a MacBook, office ping-pong and visiting friendly canines.
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Division/s: Secret Sounds Group
Reports To: Co-CEO
Location: Sydney, NSW (from October 2021)
About Secret Sounds
Secret Sounds is a leading international live music company, based in Australia. Our iconic festivals include; Splendour In The Grass and Falls Music & Arts Festival, and services include; Secret Sounds Touring, Secret Service Artist Management, Village Sounds, Dew Process, Dew Process Publishing, and Connect Sponsorship. Over the last two decades, our festival events have risen to international prominence, launching the careers of countless Australian artists and touring the world’s most credible acts.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a contemporary, experienced Executive Assistant to partner with one of our co-CEO’s based in Surry Hills.
As a ‘right hand’ person you will be responsible for both traditional Executive support tasks as well as having responsibility for overseeing and managing the majority of aspects of the co-CEO’s personal and business activities as required.
The role will be anything but boring, as you implement modern work practices to manage day to day affairs across all facets of business and pleasure.
If you’re great at managing a busy Exec’s workload, have your finger on the pulse across pop culture trends, food and wine and thrive in a fast-paced and unconventional yet progressive business environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Diary management – Identifying priorities and scheduling meetings/appointments accordingly
- Email management – Responding to emails where appropriate and highlighting which emails require immediate attention
- Minute taking – Taking notes at Exec and Senior Management level meetings
- Presentations – Writing and producing PowerPoint and Keynote presentations
- Travel – Coordinating detailed travel itineraries, booking all hotels and flights for business and personal
- Liaison – Acting as point of contact with all internal and external colleagues, key stakeholders and external clients and suppliers
- Conference and Christmas party – Organise all aspects of the annual company events – hotels, flights, venues, restaurants, entertainment and invites etc.
- Festivals and events – Assist the Co-CEO and festival team with the planning, production, and execution for the entirety of the festivals, events and other activities across Secret Sounds
- Finance – Managing CommBiz and Netbank, producing reports, updated Xero, liaising with personal accountant, collating business expenses and matching receipts
- Remain ‘two steps ahead’ – Overseeing business, personal, and household affairs, taking initiative and making recommendations to ensure requirements are managed swiftly and appropriately
- Keeping up to date with the music, arts and culture scenes both nationally and internationally
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience and/or background in a creative, music, arts, and/or ideas-driven environment
- A proven ‘culture obsessive’ with a passion for music, the arts and culture
- High level computer literacy – Apple Mac/MS Office proficiency across Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Keynotes
- Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise across multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A proven trusted ally with diplomatic stakeholder management, sensitive to relationships and situations
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
Please email your application to [email protected] Your application should include an up to date resume and cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements for this role.
Job Title: Festival Digital Marketing Coordinator
Division/s: Secret Sounds Group
Reports To: Marketing Manager
Location: Byron, NSW (from October 2021)
Secret Sounds is one of Australia’s largest and most dynamic music groups, spanning many segments of the music industry. With a full-time team of 75+, we produce the country’s pre-eminent music & arts festivals, manage our own venues and represent the interests of over 250 leading domestic and international artists across labels, publishing, touring, public relations, commercial rights/sponsorship, artist management and booking agency businesses.
Our marketing team are currently searching for a keen music lover to join our digital team. The core function of the role is the development and execution of marketing campaigns across our key channels of communication, with particular focus and responsibility for social and digital channels across Secret Sounds Music Festivals. The role is based in Byron Bay.
As the Festival Digital Marketing Co-ordinator your core responsibilities would include the following:
- Manage organic and paid social media across Secret Sounds festival brands (Splendour in the Grass, Falls Festival, Grow Your Own, Harvest Rock)
- Coordinate, implement a multichannel marketing strategy to drive page engagement and ticket sales – Facebook, IG, TikTok, Snapchat, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Coordinate digital content strategy, liaising with internal and external design teams
- Coordinate curation and distribution of digital marketing materials
- Social media analytics and reporting
- Social media budget management
- Copywriting – socials, EDM, website
- Lead outward-facing community engagement
- Manage the email marketing strategy, including content creation, list management, user acquisition and analytics
- Backend website management, including content upload and google analytics
- Ensure Google Analytics / Tag Manager, Facebook Pixels, email subscriptions are functioning correctly at all times by liaising with necessary technical partners
- Assist in audience data management via our Secret Sounds CRM
- Manage onsite festival content & curate / distribute via key digital channels
- Manage booking agency Village Sounds socials and website (FB, IG, Twitter)
- Assist Touring marketing when needed
Key Selection Criteria:
- A passion for music and an understanding of the Australian music landscape
- A good understanding of creative multi-channel content and marketing campaigns
- A flexible attitude to working hours, especially around event launches and show days
- Reliable, motivated, and energized by a fast-paced work environment
- Must have advanced, English written and verbal skills and be able to adapt writing to suit the tone of voice of our festivals
- 2-3 years experience working across digital marketing campaigns preferred
- Technical platform knowledge across Google Marketing Products (Tag Manager / DCM / Ad Words / Analytics) & Facebook Ad’s Manager
- Bonus: Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe Design Suite, WordPress, CRM Management
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]