Secret Sounds offers a unique and sociable working environment. Our peeps are rich in experience, culturally and musically savvy – if you don’t relate to our industry, you’ll have a hard time resonating with our business and connecting with our team.
Our offices are open and easygoing, full of like-minded workmates, and our jobs offer competitive pay, flexible working and essential workplace tools like a MacBook, office ping-pong and visiting friendly canines.
Job Title: Digital Developer (Website & Technology)
Division/s: Secret Sounds Group
Reports To: Group Marketing Manager
Closes: Wed 27 Oct 2021
Secret Sounds marketing team is currently searching for an established website developer and keen music lover to join our digital team.
The core function of the role is to provide the development and maintenance of the Secret Sounds group’s current and upcoming digital assets – websites, apps, and technology-related projects. We are looking for an outstanding web developer to be responsible for the coding, innovative design, and layout of the group’s many websites. Web developer responsibilities include building our website from concept all the way to completion from the bottom up, fashioning everything from the home page to site layout and function. Ensuring all platforms are market-leading and assist in the creation and management of the Secret Sounds digital ecosystem. Providing weekly website analytic reports and insight to the team.
As the Digital Developer your core responsibilities would include the following:
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Creating website layout/user interfaces by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrating data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling the groups collection of sites
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent
Key Selection Criteria:
- A passion for music and an understanding of the Australian music landscape
- A great understanding of digital user experience
- A strong digital knowledge both strategic, creative, analytic & implementation
- Leadership & education skills, willing to implement & lead internal training programs
- Incredible organisation and communication skillset (Must have advanced, English written and verbal skills)
- A flexible attitude to working hours, especially around event launches and show days
- Good problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Reliable, motivated, and energized by a fast-paced work environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- 4 -7 years’ experience working across website & app development
- Proven working experience in web programming
- Strong programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Bonus: Adobe Design Suite, Google Marketing Products (Tag Manager / DCM / Ad Words / Analytics) & Facebook Ad’s Manager, CRM Management, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Job Title: Tour Coordinator
Division/s: Secret Sounds – Touring
Reports To: Tour Operations
Our Touring Division are currently searching for a highly motivated, well organised and passionate staff member with outstanding attention to detail, to join the team.
As the Tour Coordinator your core responsibilities would include the following:
Supporting our Tour Operations primarily in ticketing and tour operations, your role will involve assisting with tasks from tour confirmation and announce right through to post-show settlement phase; including liaising with venues to create the tour routing, building the shows with the venues and ticketing agencies, managing guest-lists and regularly monitoring ticket sales.
You will also provide support to the GM – Touring and Talent Director, with ad hoc admin and project tasks.
The successful candidate must work well managing tasks, priorities and deadlines, and work well under pressure.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Gathering, managing venue availability and tour routing.
- Completing and managing ticket builds with venues and ticket agencies
- Coordinating guest list, tour accreditation and internal ticket buys
- Maintain support submission lists, field and follow up enquiries
- Assist with venue contracts
- Prepare and submit APRA and PPCA reports as required
- Maintain current records of venues, support acts, ticketing fees etc.
- Other ad hoc admin and project as they come up
- Researching artists, tours, festivals and venues
- Management of event calendars and project timelines
- Meeting note taking and circulating actionable items
- Liaising with venues
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role, ticketing, venue operations or entertainment industry preferred.
- Strong computer literacy –proficiency across Outlook, Word and an in-depth knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a manner consistent with the culture and across all levels.
- Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion, sensitive to relationships and situations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines, in high pressure situations.
- Adaptable to change and high-pressure environment
- Demonstrated passion for music.
- Excellent time management and capability to work under pressure
To apply, please send a resume to [email protected]